Today we’re sharing a delicious, simple soup recipe featuring something that is currently abundant in Arkansas…broccoli!
Recipe by Tifany Hamlin
1 large head broccoli, rough chop
1 large onion, diced
1 cup carrots, rough chop
1 large potato, peeled and chopped
4-6 cups vegetable broth or water
Sea salt & pepper, to taste
2-3 tbsps olive or coconut oil
- In a large soup pot, heat oil to a shimmer and sauté onions and carrots with a little salt until translucent and light golden brown.
- Add broccoli and potato. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add broth, salt and pepper and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover slightly and cook for another 30-40 minutes or until potato and broccoli are fork tender.
- Remove from heat and blend soup (using a stick blender or a stand blender in small batches) until all veggies are not longer visible. Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve with a drizzle of crème fraîche or good olive oil.